Saturday, May 24, 2003

Well, Gary's funeral yesterday afternoon was a real testimony to the true character of who Gary was. I really pray that I have as many people at my funeral when my time comes. There were about 200 people there, and I pray that I have such an influence on my friends and family and people that I know.

On the funeral program, there was this poem and I feel that I have to repeat it here:

WHAT IS DYING?

A ship sails and I stand watching till she fades on the horison.
And someone at my side says "She is gone!"
Gone where?
Gone from my sight, that is all;
She is just as large as when I saw her;
The diminished size and total loss of sight is in me,
not in her.

And just at the moment when someone at my side says "She is gone",
There are others who are watching her coming
And other voices take up a glad shout of rejoicing,
"There she comes!!"

And that is dying.

Rest in God's presence Gary. We will all miss you, but we know you're in a better place.


This morning when I got to work, I reversed into the parking bay, and scraped my new car against the carport post. DAMMIT!!! And I've scratched the paint off the rear wheel arch. Not too bad, but the white undercoat is showing. So Avis has to get a quote for that and let me know what I have to pay. *sigh* Lekker stupid Derek!

Well, I've just finished cutting Michelle's hair. REALLY SHORT! She wanted a bob-kindof-short-layered-Meg-Ryan-kinda-look, and I think I got it right! Maybe hairdressing is my calling!!! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment