Monday, June 2, 2003

I had a great weekend. Although it ended on a sad note.

Friday night I spent with Michelle at home. Which is always good! Saturday morning we met up with our friends, Kylie and Jonathan, and while the girls headed off to the mall, Jono and myself went to Swartkops to watch a radio controlled aircraft exhibition there. It was incredible to see these scale models flying around. And the most amazing of all were the jets! These things are about 1.5 metres long and weight about 25kg! And are true jets! The few that were there were scale replicas of the American F-15, F-16, and F-20. And Soviet SU-27 and MIG-29. Also the Eurofighter. And when these things were started, they sounded exactly like a real jet... heck they WERE real jets! Amazing to watch! Apparently they have a TRUE SPEED of over 250km/h when flying!!! WOW! They also had the normal petrol engine scale models and some fantastically detailed WW1 biplanes as well.

Later that evening we went to go see the new Matrix movie, and even though the special effects were awesome yet again, I was a little disappointed in the movie. There were too many "non-relevant" scenes in the movie. And if I think back to the first Matrix, every scene added to the storyline, but in this movie there were so many irrelevant scenes that, in my mind, just wasted time and made the movie longer. I'm hoping they redeem themselves with the final part to the trilogy in November.

Sunday morning we got up late, I did some shopping, and then we went to a friend's 30th birthday bash at Boston BBQ. A fantastic "eat all you want" place. Where you can also try out some interesting dishes like Kangaroo, Impala, Kudu, Crocodile and others...

As we were leaving, I got an SMS that a friend of mine, Melanie, passed away that morning. She has been suffering a long time with kidnet failure, and all sorts of things related to diabetes. So she is now in a better place with a perfect, Godly, body. So even though I'm sad at her passing, I'm glad that she's not suffering anymore. Her husband, Richard, is staying strong and was at church last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment